The Alderney stamps for 2021 are easy to track with only 5 sets. The topics are: Anniversary of Decimalisation, UN Year of Fruit and Veg, Prince Philip, The Secret Garden and Alderney Christmas. It’s pretty straight forward. I’ll poke around the Alderney Post website for interesting bits ‘n bobs to share so check back periodically and see what I’ve found.
Note: The Prince Philip 100th Birthday set has been replaced with Celebrating the life of Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh.
Think about subscribing & supporting Bitter Grounds. If you enjoy reading about stamps, you can help with a donation via the little coffee cup on the bottom left or PayPal. I’ll do the heavy lifting in getting the material sorted and you can sit back and enjoy.
NOW AVAILABLE – PATREON SUPPORT -> there are 4 tiers of support. I’m currently working on creating some special Patreon supporter merch to go with subscriptions – Support me on Patreon Depending on your level of support, you’ll get different thank you gifts.
Alderney stamps for 2021
50th Anniversary of Decimalisation
6 stamps, 2 FDC, cancel presentation pack, sheets of 10, souvenir sheet, pack insert
Designer: Two degrees North
Two Degrees North work will be familiar to collectors of Guernsey, Jersey and Alderney stamps. They are behind this year’s Postcrossing series for Guernsey.
Other stamps include Guernsey 2020 Liberation 75, Alderney 2020 Ramsar, Guernsey Post 50th Anniversary in 2019 to name a few. Their first design was Guernsey Post’s 2012 Queen’s Diamond Jubilee series. In 2016 they produced their first Alderney stamps titled Alderney Longis Nature Reserve
Release date: Feb. 15, 2021
April Alderney stamps for 2021
UN: International Year of Fruit and Vegetables
8 stamps, FDC, cancel Presentation Pack. sheets of 10
Designer: Petra Palmeri
Release date: Apr. 7, 2021
Frances Hodgson Burnett’s Secret Garden novel
Set of 6 stamps, First Day Cover, Presentation Pack, Sheets, Prestige Booklet
- 50p: 10-year-old Mary Lennox discovers the key that opens a door into the secret garden within the sprawling grounds of Misselthwaite Manor.
- 70p: Mary sits in the secret garden with Dickon Sowerby, the brother of Mary’s maid, along with Dickon’s wild pets: Captain the fox, Soot the crow, and two squirrels named Nut and Shell.
- 73p: Drawn by the noise of a child weeping, Mary discovers a thin, pale child lying upon a huge bed. It is Colin Craven, the son of her Uncle, Archibald Craven, master of Misselthwaite Manor.
- £1.00: Dickon nurses a new-born lamb whilst his wild pets meet Colin for the first time, as Mary looks on.
- £1.15: In the rose garden, the gardener Ben Weatherstaff suggests they sing the Doxology, a song they sing in church. Mary, Colin, and Ben listen whilst Dickon sings for them.
- £1.20: A re-worked and colourised photograph of Frances Hodgson Burnett (1849 – 1924), author of The Secret Garden, taken in 1886.
Release date: Sept. 1, 2021
The Life of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
4 stamps, 4 sheets of 10, 2 FDCs, cancel, presentation pack w/ insert, souvenir sheet & pack
- 50p Stamp: Sporting Interests
- 73p Stamp: Naval Career
- £1 Stamp: Supporting the Queen
- £1.20 Stamp: RAF Wings
Designer: Two Degrees North
Release date: Sept. 1, 2021
Set of 7 Stamps
First Day Cover
Sheets of 10
Release date: Nov. 3, 2021
Alderney 2021 Year set folder
Release date: Dec. 1, 2021
Check out all the stamps from Guernsey stamps 2021 – Wildlife bonanza | Bitter Grounds Magazine