Well, guess what? The wonky touchscreen issue I wrote about last Thurs had nothing to do with the updates. (read the article here). It was indeed a coincidence and my beloved little Acer M330 was malfunctioning. Oh Acer, I hardly knew you! sigh.
I tried a full reset to factory specs and the problem became progressively worse at a rapid pace. I contacted Acer via their support chat (after being disconnected twice by the same support person, which left me very pissed off by the way Acer). But the second person I dealt with went over a few steps and quickly said it was a hardware issue. The screen alignment is completely fucked (my words, not hers). So, I packaged it up and shipped it off to them Friday afternoon. Bugger. I have been without a functioning phone since Thurs. Still no word on it’s status. I hadn’t realised how many customers used text messaging until I didn’t have it. Not to mention the ease of having my calendar and customer emails and addresses so handy. What a bother. The phone was less than 2 months old. I realise shit happens and it’s under warranty, but well crap.
So, my phone is in the hands of Acer. Hopefully they will be fast and simply replace the phone.